I have a thing for yeast whether it is in my beer or my bread. Running across and adapting this simple yeast roll recipe has created a special edition to the holiday table. Add a dozen to your next meal.
1. Pre-Heat oven 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins.
2. Heat water to about 110-120 degrees. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water for 10 minutes.
3. Add sugar, egg, flour, salt and melted shortening stir until smooth.
4. Cover and let rise in a warm area for about 30 minutes until double in size.
5. Remove dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Punch down and knead dough into 12 balls. (For those who measure each dough ball will be 1.8 to 2.0 oz) Place dough balls into greased muffin tins. Cover and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until rolls become light golden.
7. Serve warm.